Mentoring is one of the most fun and rewarding ways to make an impact on your community! Friends for Youth supports two mentoring programs and opportunities for volunteers.
ONE TO ONE MENTORING
- Mentors are matched 1-to-1 with a youth in need (between ages 8-17) living in San Mateo and Northern Santa Clara counties. Mentors can be matched near where they live or work on the Peninsula.
- Friendships meet weekly in the community to do fun activities based on their interests and goals. They receive consistent support, and attend unique field trips and workshops! Weekly meetings can happen on weekdays or weekends.
- Mentors are required to meet for at least 6 months or 1 year, but many have kept in touch and become long-term mentors and friends!
- Mentors will join us in bringing our mentoring services to disadvantaged youth entering 9th grade at Sequoia High School. Freshman year is an essential time to support and empower youth in-need.
- Each mentor will meet weekly or bi-monthly with a group 4 students to offer guidance, friendship and tools for overall success. Friends for Youth and teaching staff will support mentors with interactive activities that will help youth discover and reach their goals.
- Mentoring sessions will be held during the school day from August to June and occasionally outside of school for field trips.
To get involved and learn more, please join us at one of our Information Sessions. Our sessions are held in Redwood City, California, unless otherwise noted. We look forward to meeting you!
If you cannot attend upcoming sessions but want to be informed of future dates, please contact us. Problems? Please check that all fields are complete or email us. Privacy and Terms